Game viewing by kayak offers a completely unique perspective that is both adventurous and educational!
On our Kayak Safari you’ll navigate through our freshwater areas, getting spectacular close-up encounters with our wetland species such as common and Defassa waterbuck, and red lechwe. In addition you will see a variety of our common local waterfowl and upland birds which may include the following: killdeer, egrets, herons, ibis, spoonbills, cormorants, wood duck, anhinga, bald eagle, kestrel, red-shouldered hawk, meadowlark, black and turkey vulture.
Mid-way through your safari, you will navigate to our lemur island, where you’ll hand-feed grapes to two different species of lemurs. The experience lasts about an hour and a half.
After kayaking and feeding lemurs, you’ll take a behind the scenes tour of our small mammal night house! See what goes into the daily care of some of our smaller critters.
- $180 per person
- Under age 5 cannot ride. Ages 5-8 must ride with an adult. We have a strict weight limit of 265 lbs.
- Reservations are required. See our reservation policy.
- Daily tour times are 9 AM and 1 PM.
- Gates open 30 minutes prior to tour times.
- Parking cost is $7 for vehicles and $10 for buses.
- Tours go out rain or shine.
- Questions? Call (813) 382-2120.