We are proud to announce our first birthday on March 1st, 2013!
Safari Wilderness opened its doors to the public on March 1st, 2012. It has been an exciting and fulfilling year. We expect things will continue to improve as we enter our second year!
Visitors tell us they come away from the Safari Wilderness experience in awe because they are able to see wildlife herds in huge, immersive natural landscapes and witness the inner working of a genuine farm operation. Safari Wilderness is not a theatrical production for visitors—it's the real thing!
Reflecting on the past year, we've asked ourselves, what have we accomplished?
Here are some of the highlights:
- Opened to the public (March 1st, 2012)
- The wildlife herds are responding well to visitors.
- Our herds have also grown. We now have probably the largest herd of defassa waterbuck in the country!
- We hosted our first fall festival, the Pumpkin Safari.
- Our agricultural endeavors have been productive. We are producing:
- domestic & exotic livestock
- limited quantities of high-quality, free-range eggs
- high-quality grass-fed Dexter beef (rated as one of the top 3 best-tasting breeds of beef in the world by Chef Gordon Ramsay)
- farm crops (e.g., sugar cane)
- hay (Tifton 44 and Argentine bahiagrass)
- We have hosted many local schools, senior retirement centers, and people from all corners of the globe!
- We are gratified by the customer feedback we have received thus far (4.5 stars), but would love even more! So if you had a nice time with us, please share your experience on our TripAdvisor page!